What are the requirements for record keeping for hazmat employees?
See the excerpt below from 49 CFR Part §172.704 Training requirements – regarding “Recordkeeping” (d).
(d) Recordkeeping. Each hazmat employer must create and retain a record of current training of each hazmat employee, inclusive of the preceding three years, in accordance with this section for as long as that employee is employed by that employer as a hazmat employee and for 90 days thereafter. A hazmat employer must make a hazmat employee’s record of current training available upon request, at a reasonable time and location, to an authorized official of the Department of Transportation or of an entity explicitly granted authority to enforce the HMR. The record must include:
(1) The hazmat employee’s name;
(2) The most recent training completion date of the hazmat employee’s training;
(3) A description, copy, or the location of the training materials used to meet the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section;
(4) The name and address of the person providing the training; and
(5) Certification that the hazmat employee has been trained and tested, as required by this subpart.
Here is the actual excerpt from 49CFR.
You can access an electronic version of 49 CFR which is a great tool.